Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday 13 November 2011

Two days till surgery....

WOW I cant begin to put into words how I am feeling right now! scared, anxious, nervous, stressed, sad, happy, even fear. So I am doing my best to keep myself busy, I have been making baby food all morning, dinners and puddings. We started weening Blake on to solids this week as one of our cleft nurses Maureen (who I think is wonderful) gave us the advice that it would be better for Blake after surgery. so I made two pudding Apple, Pear and Banana, and Apple, Forrest Berries and banana... yummy!! and I made Carrot, Swede, Parsnip with Apple, then I made Sweet potato and Carrot, potted the lot up the put them in the fridge. With some in the freezer so Chris can bring some to the hospital when Blake runs out. Blake's been enjoying his food he loves porridge in the morning!

Blakes Hospital bag is almost packed, just need to add few bits, made sure that I packed vests that button up that way we wont catch his lip when we have to change his clothes. while i was folding his cloths I was thinking to myself that I wonder if Blake will be wondering whats going on, I hope I will be enough to comfort him, I better not forget his mouse he loves his mousy. Me and Chris were talking the other night about after surgery whether Blake will still stick his tongue out ! it made us laugh.... he's just so darn cute. I will probably cry a lot as just writing this is making me feel emotional.

Chris's Sister Clare is coming to help us for a few days... She will be arriving early hours. She's going to be entertaining Tia 'good luck with that' Tia has become a little monkey of late but its very hard to be mad at her as she also is too darn cute :)
So a massive thank you to Clare! we love you very much and we appreciate all the help you can give!

There's so much I want to say but  feel a little numb....and excited at the same time. We have taken lots of pictures of Blake and if I was to give any advise to someone, that is what it would be! snap snapp snappady! these memories are very precious and in the future Blake will have some idea of his lip looked like before the surgery ! even if its just to do a show and tell at school... (if he wanted to of course)

My boy is going to have a different smile! but he's going to be the same boy. I love him so much.

So if you are reading this please take a minute on Tuesday 15th November after 3.00pm wish my baby boy your best-est wishes to keep him safe. His Angel's will be watching over him, and he will be in excellent hands under Mr Cadier at Salisbury Hospital.

Thank You..... Next time I blog Blake will still have The Biggest Smile in the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment