Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Saturday 2 June 2012

The waiting Game

It has been a while since our last post, but I am pleased to say Blake has come along wonderfully, he will be one in two weeks! time has certainly flown by thinking about it this time last year I was packing my maternity bag! and thinking about all the things that we would be about to face as a family. I am so proud of my son I have come to the conclusion that there is actually no point worrying and the best thing to do is go with the flow.

Blake is cursing along the furniture now and walks along with his walker and he loves it he beams with delight at what he has achieved for himself, it wont be long now and its so exciting....
We are waiting to here from the Hospital so every time the post comes I hope there's a letter with a date! cant help the frustration when there no letter. I must say I was hoping that it would have been done before his birthday but that's just the way it goes it's a waiting game! We rang the hospital for advice and they think they will be doing his hard palate either the beginning or end of July so we shall see.

We are going to have a small Tea Party for Blakes birthday something to look forward too! you never know he might take his first steps on this day! another waiting game! :) Blake has been pretty happy over the past few months apart from teething and a few ear infections, which is to be expected, he is eating really well actually he pretty much eats anything ! Blake will scream the house down if you have something you have to share everything with him the little monkey is rather partial to custard creams!

Well it has been a very busy few months, its been all go and lets not forget Cleft Lip and Palate Awareness Week!! We did really well at work big Thank You to The Co-operative, Gillingham, Dorset for helping support this wonderful charity and my son. I had a special poster Made of Blake and it showed the different stages that he went through, I thought it would be a good way to help people see what our beautiful children have to go through even though it was only a snippet.

Some people reacted to it, and didn't know what it was, and I just explained what was in the picture and then they saw his latest picture and were amazed by how happy and smiley he was some people didn't even realize it was the same child. There were a few negative reactions but that's to be expected. We went shopping last week and a group of school girls got excited as the recognized Blake from the poster  and one girl asked if he was OK! and that he was so cute, at that point Blake held out his special blanket to her it made everyone laugh! its like he was famous lol they were very sweet!

the CLAPA tubs were full to the brim and I counted the money and found that in that one week we had raised £127.02 and I am happy to say that my store is having CLAPA as there charity of the year so we will raise plenty more!

My two monkey's are demanding my attention so I shall better go play then it will hopefully be nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment