Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Time's a healer!

Hello everyone firstly I would like to thank all the viewers and followers to this blog, I have heard it is helping many people and families that are going through the same. Blake has changed so much over the past few months, He is nearly 15 months he has become a chunky monkey and loves his food!!! so I am sure you can all guess his hard palate is healing well, although  I noticed there was still food running from his nose but I soon realised that this has happened with others as I research into it and asked many of my cleft mummy friends! It actually happens more when he has a cold! which he has had on and off he can get very snotty! I seem to go through wipes like theres no tomorrow of late.

Blake's teeth seem to be coming through with no trouble! and they are reasonably in line to his gum, It is interesting to see, his back teeth came through without me noticing! My little star is doing so well I am a very proud mummy, he loves his sister so much and follows her everywhere! but he does have that brotherly boyish behaviour where he will literally tackle her to the ground! Very funny to watch by the way... I think Tia's favorite sentence at the moment is ''Mummy Blakey's getting me again!''

So Blake's into most things now, well when I say that I don't mean toy's I mean he's into everything like cupboards, sweeping brushes, house phones, wires, 'the fish tank draw' the list is endless and yes I do go on about my perfect little man but some days I can be pulling my hair out lol. Its a given boys will be boys as the saying goes. Saying this though I do enjoy watching him toddle around looking and learning its like you can actually see the cogs turning around in his head, he is very very clever, just like his sister.. hmm.. should I be worried?

Anyway last month we have been busy moving house! planning a wedding and moving house is uber stressful! so I have put wedding plans on hold till the move is sorted. In the same month we has Blake's Hard Palate repair check up at Salisbury Hospital, which I was a little nervous about as I was worried there maybe a hole because of the food running out from his nose, Mr Cadier however said it looked great and he was pleased with the healing process he said there could be a hole but it must be very very tiny, but they would repair that when he has his Bone graft when hes 8-9 years old.

Mr Cadier also said that he would like to see Blake when he's about three years old regarding the bump under his lip, as one side was plumper when he had his Cleft the tissue was fatter. So when the repair was done one side under the lip is slightly fatter, and he wants to address this and possibly give Blake another surgery to correct this, by removing a small amount of tissue. We are also waiting to here when Blakes next hearing appointment will be to see whether his glue ear has gotten better or worse.

We have not settled into the new house very well although the children have, unfortunately we will be moving again next monday due to some unforeseen complications! but the next 'new house' is just down the road thank god children are so resilient! Tia has settled into her new Pre-School and Blake loves taking her, although I think he would like to stay with her!! lol So at least we won't have to change schools! We can't wait till the end of next month as Chris's sister Clare and my Friend Rachel are coming to visit!! ok maybe its me thats super excited.... might sneak out for a few drinks and let Chris have the munchkins!! why not ay?

Blake will be seeing the Cleft Team when he's 18 months, So I will keep you all posted and again thank you for reading :)

Also I would like to add a massive Thank You to all the customers that go into Gillingham co-op in Dorset and put their change in the charity boxes
I am pleased to say that so far
£426.00
has been raised.














No comments:

Post a Comment