Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Friday 5 April 2013

Baby Blake no more.... :(

Hello Everyone! well what can I say its been a few months since my last post, and I must say what a busy few months its been! There hasn't been any appointments or meeting just lots of family time. Blake has changed so much... my Baby Blake is no more :(

Blake has come leaps and bounds in a blink of an eye! he is saying lots of words and pronouncing them well, I believe his favorite word at the moment is 'doggy' every time where out and about and he see's one he points and shouts 'DOGGY' its very funny he loves walking by himself and I must say 'at the moment he is very well behaved' I though he would be a bit of a lad and run off and I would have to use the harness but he doesn't and my heart melts when he stands next to me and holds up his hand for me to take it. :)

Tia and Blake play really well together...  but they do have the occasional 'argument' and it usually involves Tia's pram.... lol
Blake gets along with other children too and interacts really well with them its lovely to watch sometimes when I tell him off he makes this little noise! sort of like a 'hummf' he doesn't like being told NO....!
It's very hard not to laugh...but hes coming up to the 'terrible two's' and he has been introduced to the naughty corner!! haha...  he is not keen so he will usually run for a cuddle to try get out of it.. very clever! but besides that hes doing brilliantly and I couldn't be more proud.

There has been lots of planning in the Fenton household as I will soon be a Fenton!!! We have been planning our wedding for a year now and its less than 6 weeks away! Tia is very excited to wear her 'princess dress' Blake will also be donning a Suit! same as Daddy....  So excited  Me and Chris have been through so much in the 7 years we have been together. I couldn't ask for a better partner, father and soon to be Husband.

We have just spent a week in Yorkshire visiting friends and family although we were snowed in for nearly half of it! I spent time with my mum and my bridesmaids at a Spa Day which was amazing! and very much needed and we went out for a meal for my Hen... Chris and his friends watched football and went for some evening drinks. I had my dress fitting and we sorted the wedding cake! all in all it was a great week.

We are going to do a bit of fundraising for CLAPA at the wedding! we will have some display pictures of Blake before and after his surgery, and a nice big bucket for or guests to donate some pennies (pounds would be better ;) but hopefully we will raise some cash and more importantly Awareness...

wedding pics to come... ! have to show Blake to you all donning his suit! would be rude not too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment