Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Saturday 12 November 2016

Time waits for nobody

Its been just over a year since my last post! this is due to being so busy with family life, as you all will remember from my last post we were having a new addition to our family. We indeed had a very healthy baby Boy! So Blake was right again!!
After being induced at 37 weeks he was born on the 22nd January and he weighed 7lb 14oz everything went very well with no problems, there was no cleft palate. We named him Xander he is now 9 months and it has gone incredibly fast! all you need to do is blink and time has gone it stands still for nobody.

As a family we have had a grueling year with many sorrows sadly. This time I am finding my post difficult to write as I don't want to go into to much detail in fear of becoming too emotional. This year we have lost beloved family members. Me and my husband both lost out grandmothers within weeks of each other so it has been very emotional as you can imagine. The children were very close to them both and they were very special to them in their own different ways. It was hard to say goodbye to them we will miss them deeply. My mum and dad have been having serious health issues too, so I have been doing my best to be there for them but they are both on the mend hopefully and thankfully.

We have recently had Mum visit which has been fantastic being able to spend time together after such a difficult time has been wonderful for the children. We are hoping she will come down here to live next year, it is so hard being so far away. When people die it makes you realise how short life can be and how you should really live it. Cherish the people you love, because you never know what is around the corner.
Live laugh and love is a great quote that comes to mind.

So anyway some good things have also happened this year one was that we have we moved house!!! !!!
We have more space and a big garden for the kids to Play in all in time for Blake's 5th birthday party!! which went really well this year we had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle theme! lots of friends and family came and it was so nice watching Blake running around and enjoying himself even Xander wore a cute baby vest to match the theme!

The children have coped really well with all the change, when Xander was born they were both fantastic we had no problems really maybe a little bit of squabbling between each other. Tia was like mummy no2 bless her but Blake wasn't too fussed to be honest I think he was 'playing it cool' he wasn't very interested but the day Xander started rolling over he got a little excited!! Xander started crawling at 7 months and is now cruising along furniture and using his push a long walker at 9 months. Blake likes playing with him now he can do more, I think their going to be close I am sure Blake will be very protective of his little brother as he gets older.

Blake is now in year 1 and he is doing really well, we recently had a parents evening and his new teacher loves his character and he is doing really well in maths his writing has come along since last year too. I think my only concern with Blake is that he has and uses different voices when he talks which kind of drives me nuts! but I think that is just part of his personality. Blake's speech seem to be fine he does struggle every now and then with his hearing, the hospital are great though and always see him if there's a change, but so far so good. We are waiting for his five year check appointment to come through, which will hopefully be soon.
Blake's teeth have come through nicely so far apart from the gum cleft where there appears to be one tooth that has grown behind. He hasn't had any wobbly teeth yet but all children are different Tia has lost a few baby teeth at this stage so its a question I can put forward at the meeting.

Although we have has some tough times this year there's been some good times to my cousin Charlene got married in the summer which we attended and it was a fabulous day! we wish her and her family the very best for their future! and my cousin Leela is getting married next week so we are all looking forward to that.

We are looking forward to Christmas this year in our new home and hopefully my mum and dad will be celebrating this year with us. We promise this time Chris wont be sick in a box in front of them on Christmas day and I wont fall asleep on the toilet!  *cringe* sorry this tends to happen when you haven't had a drink in a very very long time.

One thing this year has taught me is that you have to try stay positive because being negative gets you nowhere.

I wont leave my next post so long ! thank you for reading
love Mummypig.


Blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment