Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Hello everyone! Firstly I would like to say....

'HAPPY NEW YEAR!'

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are ready for the new year! We had a lovely quiet Christmas just the four of us this year, the kids were spoilt by Santa and I was spoilt by my wonderful husband who made Christmas Dinner!! My parents couldn't make it this year So it was quiet with out my Dad (Grandpapeee) snoring/growling in his sleep on the couch after Christmas dinner... ! No hangovers for me or Chris either, we learnt our lesson from last year thank the lord! It was a wonderful day and the kids loved it, which is what christmas is all about, Blake seemed to enjoy unwrapping his presents! I will actually miss hearing him say 'Christmas tree' as it was so adorable.

Not long after writing my last post Blake got his Audio test appointment through, Tia is in full time school now so she didn't get to come which made her sad, but we explained it was just another Audio test and Blake would be OK! We didn't have to wait long when we got to Salisbury hospital which is always a bonus. I went into the sound proof room with Blake and it was the same routine as before, he has to interact with the toys on the table and when he was playing the noises start.
It is hard to describe the noise I guess I would say it was like the sounds they would use for an old space movie ray gun lol!! low at first and then it gets high and well I must say I was impressed! Blake actually turned towards the noise when it was really low and he was rewarded by a box lighting up and a mechanical soft toy starting to move and Blake shouts ''Look mummy it's a moo'cow'' He actually did well through out the test! Much better than last time.

Before the test I had noticed he has started to pronounce his 'T's' again, Blake started to tell me a lot that his ears have been hurting and I started to wonder if an ear infection had been the reason why he sometimes  wasn't  pronouncing  his words as he usually did. So we had a visit to the GP, She confirmed that they were congested, but they usually are so I was told to give him calpol as and when he needed it.  

All is well now and he has begun using the letter 'D' again, In fact he is saying a lot of words clearly, and he loves counting!! he does babble away a lot I call this his minion speak (despicable me) as we not sure what he is saying then he will do this rather funny laugh just like the minions do its so funny!! (you should hear him singing!) he has a wonderful personality and he is very sweet but at the moment he is going through those terrible dreaded twos!!! so he's no Angel at the moment, but I wouldn't change him for the world love him to the moon and back :)

Well Just before Christmas we received a letter from the Hospital  it was about the recent Audio test Blake had as we were concerned his glue ear was getting worse. The letter has stated that Blake does still have Glue ear, but they don't feel he needs to have Grommets fitted at this time, which I believe is a good thing so now we just have to wait for a letter regarding Blake's second lip surgery, which will probably be after hes turned three. 

It seems as though there has been a lot of upset in the CLAPA Community over the past few months before Christmas regarding terminology and debates, and I am very glad it is all well now. It seems a shame this happened, But I think we all need to accept that everyone has there own views and opinions about certain things. We can only educate those who do not understand how we feel individually on what terms we want to use in regrades to our children. We can only love and support each other in the CLAPA community,  people should not fall out its a support network and its a very good one. 
We all have the same thing in common and that is our Children and we want to protect them, but we cant angry about using terms there will always be there and there are ever changing like everything the world turns.  When it boils down to it, the support from you all has been amazing and through it I think I have made some great friends. Love you guys!!!

2013 went so fast and it had lots of highs and major lows, We are all still grieving for the loss of two family members, and this will take a long time, something we may never get over.  Christmas was very hard. 

It is now 2014   I would like to take this opportunity to say Congratulations to my cousin Tom and his wife Kerry because this year they are expecting there third child! :) 
Very happy for them. 

CONGRATULATIONS! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment