Blake's Journey

Blake Tyler James Fenton born on the 17th June 2011


''This blog is about a journey through pregnancy, finding out that our child would be born with a Cleft lip & Palate, and also coping with a rare pregnancy condition. Dealing with the everything that comes our way, as a family. Caring and supporting our beautiful son Blake... and his amazing big sister Tia, this blog has been written by me, Jemma Kathleen Fenton (was Paley) in the hope that it touches many peoples hearts as Blake has touched ours. My goal is to help raise
awareness and money, I hope to helps other parents going through the same situation.''
I am happy to support any parents out there you can contact me through email: brassbuttons@hotmail.co.uk

Monday 2 September 2013

Mr & Mrs Fenton !!!

Hi there everyone! So we are now all hold the same name!! We are the Fenton's, Our Wedding Day was amazing! something we will always remember and treasure thank you to everyone that attended our special day and a massive thank you to my bridesmaids you all looked beautiful. We had a wonderful Honeymoon in Tunisia for a week my parents had Tia and Blake after we jetted off the day after the wedding, Mum and Dad took them to Yorkshire, and my brother John stayed at our house to look after the animals. It was a lovely break and the weather was amazing, we ate till we were stuffed, sunbathed by the pool ( and got very burnt) walked along the beach and even went on a camel.... which for me wasn't the best experience as I was thrown onto the camel's hump and on that hump I stayed.. I had quite a sore bottom for a few days lol.

I actually started to find being away from the children quite hard and was missing them terribly.
When we got home we had a day before setting up to Yorkshire to get Tia and Blake, so we spent the day sleeping. When we got to Yorkshire we found out that the kids had been ill most of the week, they had both had the sickness bug going around so we were disappointed they had not had the holiday they were looking forward too, my mum said  'don't worry we had them at there worst and we coped, we didn't want you to worry while you were on honeymoon'  We could only stay for a couple of days because we had to get back, Blake had a check up with the Cleft team and Mr Cadier at the end of May. We tried to make the most of the time up there, when we got back home and sat down the realization sank in that we got married!!!


Mr & Mrs Fenton 18th May 2013
There was more planning to be done after the wedding! and that was for Blake's 2nd Birthday!! We decided to have a party at home as funds were limited after the wedding of the year! :) We decided on a Mr Potato Head theme as Blake loves Toy Story at the moment and he loves his Mr potato head, the party rule was 'Everyone must be donning a Mustache!!'
Chris sister (Auntie Clare) came down from Yorkshire just for the special occasion! I think she rather suits a mustache, she looks brilliant and she was a great help on the day she so good with the kids, I couldn't ask for a better sister in law! Thank you Clare :)
I must say it was a fantastic day and everyone joined in and there was lots of laughs and there were quite a few guests which made it so much fun. Thank you to everyone that came! Cant believe my little man  is 2 years old already.


Although we are now a complete family unit and in the early stages of being married, things have started off on a very sad note, just before the Wedding we found out that my Auntie Dawn had Leukemia again, she fought and beat this when she was just 26 and whilst caring for my Uncle Bob who was battling cancer also this came as a massive blow to our family. If you have read my blog before you may remember it was my Auntie Dawn who I rang for Advice after I had my 20 week scan, she was one of the first people I told about Blake's Cleft lip & Palate. I felt totally gutted and angry that this could happen to two of the most amazing people I know.

Blake's Hospital appointment came and we set off to Salisbury to meet with the cleft team. It went really well, but I expressed my concerns about Blake's hearing as he had stopped pronouncing his T's and D's he has started saying 'ere' instead of  'Tia' and 'goggy' instead of 'doggy'  I was worried his hearing had got worse and wasn't improving. We had his ears checked and fluid could still be seen which meant he still had glue ear I asked if we could arrange a follow up hearing test as I thought his hearing maybe the reason to his change in speech and everyone agreed, Mr Cadier suggested that if Blake needs grommets fitted he would probably put his second lip surgery forward and do it at the same time, (they want to level the back of the top lip) that way he only goes under anesthetic the once.

The speech therapist suggested we go in the next room and have a chat with Blake to see where he was at. She picked up on the same things we had. So an appointment was made to see one of her team to assess Blake and how he was doing. We treated the kids to lunch in Salisbury all in all it was a good day. A week later we got an appointment to see the speech therapist, we were not expecting it so quick, Blake did really well in the appointment she gave him lots of items to play with and he showed understanding of what they were and what they were used for......' I think she was pleased with his progress and maybe a little impressed with him.' he liked her tractor best !!! He can defiantly say tractor  lol She told us she will hopefully refer us to a speech therapist in our area for further help with his speech development. We are still waiting for the hearing test its been a few months now so we will have to chase it up.

The week after me and Chris arranged to go see my Auntie Dawn she was under going chemotherapy at Basingstoke hospital. My Cousin Leeann had the kids for me, Leeann is my Auntie Dawn's Daughter who I really look up to and admire she is also amazing! Tia couldn't wait to see little Holly! but Tia wanted to visit Auntie Dawn too but we had to explain that  she was not aloud in as she was in a special room. We set off to see her she was located on the Wessex Ward, it was great to see her we told her about Blake's appointments, She was always interested to hear about Blake's progress, She thanked me for the photo and Wedding cake, we had given them to my mum to give her as she couldn't make the Wedding, My Wedding photographer (Lorraine Hunter) took a special picture and had it printed while were were having photos on Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, The shop was closed and the owner opened to have it printed just for her. (nobody new that till now!)

My Auntie Dawn was very down she hadn't seen my Uncle Bob for weeks and was really missing him, the nurse came in as we were there and said that she could go see him that day, me and Chris offered to take her there and then so she would have more time with him and they agreed, we took her home. My Uncle Bob looked very different it was a shock to be honest, it was the first time I had seen him since he had been diagnosed the year before, but I went over and gave him a big kiss on the check, We chatted for a while then we got ready to go we wanted them to have time alone, Uncle Bob thanked us for bringing her to see him....I said 'uncle bob it was an honor' and it really was I have never know such love they have been married for 36 years and never been apart.  I left with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. That was the last time I saw my Uncle Bob.

He passed away on the 17th July 2013. My Auntie Dawn and her family gave him a wonderful send off. It was quite hard to see so many people in so much pain. Auntie Dawn had been under going a second round of chemotherapy. It had not worked, this was bad news the whole family was devastated. Auntie Dawn was a fighter She was so strong a real inspiration she also new her own mind and what she wanted.

Two weeks after my Uncle's funeral The Heart of our entire family  Dawn Frost passed away in her home after contracting pneumonia. Devastated is not big enough an emotion to describe the loss of such a beautiful person. My cousins and there children gave her a wonderful send off she would be so proud. I know I am,
I love them all so so much.
Family is so important so is life. I hope our marriage and life is as full just like their's was. It was real love, it was not perfect, but there was Happiness , Sadness, Laughter, Hope, Joy, Fun, and most importantly full of Love.
So I must thank my Husband for all his support these last few months, for the tears, anger, regret, and stress I have caused. You are amazing and I love you.

I dedicate this post to Dawn Frost & Robin Frost.
                                       
                                       
Dawn Frost

Together Forever.

    I will treasure every memory of our time together, and you will live on in the hearts of family and friends.
We know you will be watching over us all.
We know that your both together again, no more pain, 
but we cant lie, you both should still be hear with us, 

  Cancer.... we hate you.

If you would like to make a donation to macmillan or Cancer Research please click on the link below
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/home/

Thanks x










No comments:

Post a Comment